Hello! and welcome to my site. I presume if you’re looking at this, you want to know a bit about me.
I’ve been in IT since 2002 with progressing responsibility. Below you can see all the different IT roles I’ve held in sequential order.
- Phone based tech support (year 2002)
- Desktop tech support
- Desktop engineer
- Systems Administrator
- Senior Systems Administrator
- Senior Infrastructure Architect
- Manager of Systems Administration. (year 2014)
Folks always want to know, what technology I have experience with. Honestly, I don’t think I could make a comprehensive list if I tried. However, below, you can see the bigger ones that I have experience with.
- Microsoft Windows (and its related components) NT4 (yuck) – present
- Microsoft Exchange 2003 – 2013
- Microsoft SQL 2000 – 2014
- VMware vSphere 3.x – 6
- Equallogic (before Dell), Nimble Storage, Microsoft Storage Spaces 2012, and DotHill.
- All kinds of other 3rd party solutions (Riverbed, Postini, JAMS, Veeam, CommVault, etc.)
- Powershell and VBscript
In general, I’m a jack of all trades. I don’t like being tied to specific roles like storage admin, virtualization admin, exchange admin, etc. I like having an opportunity to work on all of it. Its made me a more versatile IT person and IMO a more valuable one too.
When I’m not doing something technology related, you’ll find me doing any number of things.
- Spending time with my wife, two kids and our crazy dog.
- Love trying out new micro brews. If you’re ever in the Allentown / King of Prussia area and want to grab a beer, let me know.
- I wouldn’t go so far as saying I love lifting, but you’ll find me at the local “Y” going for a new personal best. Mostly because I’m fighting a losing battle with my next activity.
- I would classify myself as a foodie, or at least a wannabe foodie. If I could tag along with Guy Fieri, that would be a great vacation for me.
- Movies, TV and video games.
- Going to the beach or the pool.