I’ve been in IT since 2002 with progressing responsibility. Below you can see all the different IT roles I’ve held in sequential order.
- Phone based tech support (year 2002)
- Desktop tech support
- Desktop engineer
- Systems Administrator
- Senior Systems Administrator
- Senior Infrastructure Architect
- Manager of Systems Administration. (year 2014)
Tech I have experience with:
Here is a brief summary of some of the tech I have experience with. There is a ton of 3rd party solutions I’ve worked with not listed here.
- Microsoft Windows (and its related components) NT4 (yuck) – present
- Microsoft Exchange 2003 – 2013
- Microsoft SQL 2000 – 2017
- VMware vSphere 3.x – 6
- Equallogic (before Dell), Nimble Storage, Microsoft Storage Spaces 2012, and DotHill.
- All kinds of other 3rd party solutions (Riverbed, Postini, JAMS, Veeam, CommVault, etc.)
- Powershell and VBscript
In general, I’m a jack of all trades. I don’t like being tied to specific roles like storage admin, virtualization admin, exchange admin, etc. I like having an opportunity to work on all of it. Its made me a more versatile IT person and IMO a more valuable one too.
When I’m not doing something technology related, you’ll find me doing any number of things.
- Spending time with my wife, two kids and our crazy dog.
- Trying out new microbrews. If you’re ever in the Allentown / King of Prussia area and want to grab a beer, let me know.
- Weight lifting is something I do several times a week. The squat and deadlift are my favorite exercises.
- I love eating, hence why I lift weights several times a week.
- Movies, TV and video games.
- Going to the beach or the pool.
- I’m a pretty big “petrol head” as they say. Can’t turn a wrench to save my life, but I can appreciate and enjoy driving performance vehicles.
- If you want to contact me via email, the best way is my first name, at my domain.
- Twitter, you can hit me up @esinger